KEA is acting as scientific coordinator of the EU-funded project “Culture for Cities and Regions”, working together with Eurocities and ERRIN (networks representing respectively over 130 cities and more than 90 regions in Europe).
This 3-year project (€1 million funding from the Creative Europe programme) aims at:
- understanding the impact of cultural investment in cities and regions across Europe ;
- facilitating the exchange of experiences between local authorities through 15 study visits (ongoing) ;
- supporting policy development through tailored coaching services for 10 cities/ regions (to be launched in 2016).
KEA’s role is to:
- establish a catalogue of 70 case studies of interesting projects from cities and regions in the field of cultural heritage, creative industries, and social innovation;
- lead study visits with experts in social and urban policies to encourage peer-learning between 90 local authorities;
- provide hands-on coaching to cities/ regions.